Saturday, March 11, 2006

Now with Ads

You may have noticed that this site now includes Google AdWords. I decided to give Adwords a try after much persuasion from Brendon Sinclair ("Podcast", "Newsletter"). So there they are. Enjoy - or don't. Let me know what you think in the comments.

When signing up for the ads I came across this condition in the Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions to which I am instantly forced to violate [as I signed up though Blogger].

4. Parties' Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for the Site(s), including all content and materials, maintenance and operation thereof, the proper implementation of Google's specifications, and adherence to the terms of this Agreement, including compliance with the Program Policies.

How can I be solely responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Blogger service?

Also another term (this time from the Google AdSense Programme Policies) which I have no control over.

Your site must not contain broken links and must be launched, functioning, and easily navigable.

I guess anyone that I like to will have to help me out on this one by forever ensureing that your current URLs never change and that you site never goes off-line.

I have reported both of these issues to Google and will update your if I get a reply (but like most large internationals I'm not expecting to get one).

Also do not know if the Ad links are even working and am unable to test them as it is against the terms for me to click on the links. I'll have to get my dog Patch to test them. Good boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home